New TriEnza: Now even better breakdown
Introducing the New & Improved TriEnza.
We know you love TriEnza.
How could it get any better?
TriEnza already gives you a broad spectrum of digestive enzymes for food intolerances.
TriEnza already supports digestion for the 3 main types of foods: proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
And TriEnza already goes beyond the basics to provide digestive support in all these areas:
- Food proteins
- Casein in dairy
- Lactose intolerance
- Polyphenolic vegetables and fruits
- Fats in foods and supplements
So what’s up with a “new and improved” TriEnza?
The New & Improved TriEnza gives you even more support for digesting a range of foods.
The changes we made to TriEnza should result in a product better able to:
- Break down gluten, dairy casein, soy, and meat protein.
- Support digestion of the sugars sucrose and maltose, which will also be helpful for the gut microbiome.
- Help with occasional gas and bloating through fiber breakdown.
- Better support for protein digestion, including gluten and casein.
We exchanged a Protease.
We exchanged one of the proteases, an enzyme for proteins, for a particular newer protease which is moreefficient for the breakdown of gluten, dairy casein, soy, and other food proteins. This enzyme is listed as “Protease” on the TriEnza label.
We reduced the DPP IV.
In order to add the new Protease, we reduced the amount of another enzyme for proteins, referred to as “Peptidase with DPP IV”. With the addition of the new Protease, the need for the DPP IV Peptidase enzyme is less.
We also believe that the DPP IV Peptidase may be an enzyme that some consumers cannot tolerate. We hope reducing the amount of this enzyme, without any loss of ability to break down proteins, will allow others to better tolerate TriEnza.
- Improved enzyme breakdown for sugars.
We added Invertase.
We’ve added the enzyme Invertase to better break down table sugar, known as sucrose.
We added Diastase.
To help with another common sugar, maltose, TriEnza now has the enzyme Diastase on the label. Diastase works to break down the maltose that results from eating starches.
- More support for gas and bloating from fiber.
We increased the Cellulase.
Most gas and bloating from meals is actually due to the fiber present. To help with this issue, we added Cellulase. Celluase can work on fiber along with the other two fiber enzymes already present in TriEnza (Xylanase and Beta-glucanase).
Fiber breakdown contributes to a healthy environment for gut bacteria. TriEnza can help reduce the amount of gas and bloating by making fiber more soluble (dissolvable) and digestible.
We removed the Alpha-galactosidase.
TriEnza’s update includes removing the enzyme Alpha-galactosidase, which allowed for increasing the Cellulase. This enzyme is limited to working on two of the starches found in beans, cauliflower and broccoli.
Other products with Alpha-galactosidase are readily available for consumers seeking that particular enzyme, such as our ZyCarb or Zyme Prime.
A few changes were made to the "Other Ingredients" on the label for our updated TriEnza formulas:
- TriEnza capsules now have Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder added, derived from palm/coconut kernel oil.
- TriEnza Chewables now have the sweetener Xylitol added.
- TriEnza Powder now has Microcrystalline Cellulose added. The Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder in TriEnza Powder is derived from palm/coconut kernel oil.
It's still the one
TriEnza is still our best broad-spectrum enzyme product for protein, gluten, dairy, starches, carbohydrates, fats, fiber, and polyphenolic foods.
And now it’s even better.
Posted in Digestion;